Thursday 24 January 2008

Just some thoughts...

........how come the best ideas come to you just before you go to sleep or just as you wake up?......
.......................is that because there is part of your dreams in it this way too......



Well, it’s after midnight- I’m sitting at my old trusty PC listening to some “Low Road” thinking it’s about time to write something worth your time to read. I will overlook the fact that I’m barely keeping my eyes open, though my post today will be rather short, and go on to one of the greatest romantics - Percy Bysshe Shelley… It has not been too long since I first got to know about the existence of this man, nor do I know a lot about his life now, but he had an idea that just happened to attract my attention. Shelley believed that true love lies within atheism. Yes- atheism, he said it was foolish to believe in something, the existence of which is impossible to prove…


No- this post is not about religion, but rather about what drives us as individuals, what drives us as a human race. Too rarely do we stop thinking “how?” and ask ourselves “why?” or “what for?” . But then again, if we were to think of the why’s, what-if’s and the might-be’s neither of us would ever move forward or progress in any mean. But what is progress then? Progress, a thing almost divined by some, is nothing more than either adaptation of the weak or the pursuit of one’s lust and desires by those who see their cause as the most important one no matter what…




Nevertheless, as well as the philosophical approach to evolvement there is a scientific one, quite many of them to be frank. The one I will be talking about collides in some way with the ideas behind the movie “Pi”: ideas such as that everything has a system, a chaotic one… -“Theory put into practice does not always come out perfect. Chaos, on the other hand, has order to itself…” – a quote from another great movie I would recommend seeing- movie which goes by the name of “Chaos”. Thus, you may have probably already guessed that the approach I was talking about is “Chaos theory”. While some take the position of thinking history moves in a spiral, I believe it to move in a “Lorenz attractor”… But that is already for another post to be discussed in…

Good luck and good night,

Your humble host- Gabriel Kerna

No comments: